Wearing a mask for even a short time can make your skin more sensitive. Is wearing masks giving you skin breakouts? Whether you agree that masks play a vital role in reducing the spread of the Covid or not, unfortunately for the time being they are here to stay. Masks are causing problems such as:
- Peeling skin
- Red rashes
- Chin itchiness
- Blocked pores
To help prevent skin problems from developing and worsening, my 4 top tips will show you how can you prevent and treat your skin right now.
1. Double cleanse your face twice daily
Double cleanse twice a day using my pH Cleansing Wash, once in the morning and once at night. Double cleansing in the morning will remove any oil and sweat your skin has produced overnight, as well as any remaining products from the night before.
Double cleansing at the end of the day is vital. The first step draws out oil-based impurities such as sebum, SPF, and pollutants while the second step cleanses water-based debris such as sweat and dirt.
- Removes surface grime, sebum, make-up & pollution
- Hydrates & calms sensitivity
- Reduces irritation
- Restores the ph balance of the skin
- Protects the skin from damage caused by environmental stressors
2. Supercharge your cleanser
If you're already noticing irritation, start adding a few drops of One Skin Salicylic Acid Drops to your night time cleanse. As a beta hydroxy acid originally obtained from Willow bark and various wintergreen leaves, it gives remarkable exfoliation to shed the dead epidermal skin cells to reveal a new, more vibrant and healthy complexion.
Our effective Salicylic Acid Drops formula penetrates deep into pores to break down the cellular matter such as an accumulation of dead skin cells, sebum, sweat, dirt, pollution and make up.
- Reduces pore congestion
- Improves unwanted shine & blemishes
- Exfoliates epidermal skin cells
- Refreshes and renews the surface of the skin
- Helps tighten and improve skin texture
- Assists in the reduction of fine lines and wrinkles
3. Repair the stress
Calm the skin using One Skin Stress Repair Serum for any inflammation after your morning and evening cleanse.
- Fights free radical damage
- Soothes compromised skin
- Calms redness
- Reduces fine lines
4. Add a Protective Shield (skincare, not a plastic visor!)
My One Skin Protective Shield hydrates and soothes dry, irritated skin including allergies and mask reactions.
Protective Shield delivers instant replenishment to lacking or undernourished cells. Once replenished, Protective Shield restructures the outer layer of the skin to better maintain moisture, and provide unbeatable protection against your skin-stifling face mask.
- Hydrates and soothes dry, weathered or irritated skin
- Restores critical moisture balance
- Replenishes the quantity of skin lipids lost to ageing, elements and daily activity
- Restructures the outer layer of the skin to retain moisture more efficiently
- Regularly change masks, making sure it's washed and fresh
- Try not to touch it too much (moving it around your face)
- Keep up with hand sanitising
Take care and stay safe!